Class 57 Chesapeake Police

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson

+2
dbsmith
billynath1988
6 posters

Go down

End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson  Empty End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson

Post by billynath1988 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Class 57, screw that.. Family 57,

I know people were eliminated from this forum in the past from leaving the academy, but ... I made this sooooo too bad Laughing

Well, never thought this day would actually happen. The emotional shock of being let go, came and went on January 19th at approximately 1505 during the 2 man DT scenario. As I wrestled Officer Montoya (however you spell that) and came crashing to ground, only to hear a pop,snap and a ripping sound similar to velcro all at once..(maybe it was velco?) That pretty much was my shoulders way of saying.. Yoouurrr doneee..
anyway, family 57, since week one, where Believe me I am very much aware of how much I was literally not prepared (a.k.a absolutely terrible), mostly mentally and physically for this academy. It took some coaching, but I got it down. I think as a class we broke barriers together physically and mentally everyone in there own ways except for maybe Juan who is literally the Dos Equis guy and does everything good. I know I did.. and it wasn't ever going to happen without all of you. I know that's by design of the academy but its true. In the beginning I seriously questioned wtf I got myself into about 6 times a day.
By about week 3 I think I started getting myself together and I got off that god forsaken "Buddy Jammer" list. I think from that point forward I started realizing the game I was constantly told the academy was.
And other then having to mold my body to waking up at the ass crack of dawn to be in perfect uniform which was still usually never good enough, and not forget the ten million ridiculous things we had to account for every morning, and before my eyes were really opened be ready to do push-ups, leg lifts and brain busters, In some weird twisted way I really enjoyed it.
Even being only , I don't know, one hour out now, i'm able to see it from a different perspective. This right now it the best time of your careers. The academy experience, If this is what you want to do which by now I have no doubt you all do, is seriously something you should embrace every moment you are there. Even the ones that your getting yelled at for. There will not be another point in your career you will have this experience with these same people. I know the main reason I probably wont go through this academy again is because I wouldn't go through this experience with ANYONE else.

On the Outbound..

like the others have said before, every single staff member that works there are really nice people, And it did happen with Gorman. He literally did say, He was just messing with me the whole time. and he wanted to see me graduate. They all said they were really disappointed to hear the doctor say 3 month because by now, by DT week, at this point in the academy was everyone who's left are the people they like and Know has what it takes to do this job. LT and Sgt Cole both said they will write me letters of recommendation for any other law enforcement jobs I look to take in the future, and if and when they ever have another academy I am a priority over anyone else.

What I need from all of you..

Most of you probably know, I gotta hit the road and go back to NY. And its going to be really soon, Most likely this weekend. Ill know more details tonight. But My dads flying down and renting a van for all the stuff. But I have 1 arm and He's got a bad back. So when I figure out the day I could use a few hands for an hour or so to load up. I really don't have much so it wont take long. And.. This friday.. I want to do something to see everyone one more time, nothin big but lets get together.

Family 57, good luck, stay safe, get that badge and stay in touch!
billynath1988
billynath1988
Admin

https://class57cpd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson  Empty Re: End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson

Post by billynath1988 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Also.. Officer Delloro asked that when we pick a place for friday night.. to have mcnair or juan text him and let him know the time and place..
billynath1988
billynath1988
Admin

https://class57cpd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson  Empty Re: End of my Academy Days.. By Nathanson

Post by dbsmith Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Dude let's definitely do something on Friday and just let me know the time and place for loading up your van and I'm there. You're probably the only one, out of everyone who's left already, that has had an impact on all of us. I really hate to see you go and and I hope whatever happens back in New York with your job situation will work out for the best. Stay strong man, I'll be keeping you in my prayers and we definitely need to stay in touch. Love you bro.
dbsmith
dbsmith

https://www.facebook.com/Ibanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Stovall Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm working 7 days this week but I'll gladly give up what fucking tiny amount of free time I got left to help bro. You just let me know when and where. It's a damn shame you had to go, and I'm gonna miss you man. I was looking forward to working with you on the street. All the staff spoke highly of you afterwards too, so know it wasn't a front haha. It won't be the same without you around man, take care of yourself.
Stovall
Stovall

Back to top Go down

Post by djsmith Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:02 pm

dude we are going to miss you bro. I had to laugh when i read this post because its true what you said about the first few weeks but man dude you come around. You were on track to be one of the best cops out of this academy. It wont be the same without you buddy. Just let us know when and where for helping you move and we will be there. love you bro.
djsmith
djsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by justynawozn Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Billy don't even think about living VA without saying "goodbye" to everyone! See you on Friday... I'm going to miss you and I'm hoping you will be back for the next class, so we can work together on the street! Stay strong... fix your shoulder and come back to us!!!
justynawozn
justynawozn

Back to top Go down

Post by warren Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 pm

im trying to see this hot wheels collection before you leave bro

warren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum